IF YOU LOVE MEXICAN FOOD LIKE ME, THIS DISH IS FOR YOU!
Mexican food can get a bad wrap for being unhealthy but this recipe will prove that wrong.
This dish tastes great at room temp or hot and can be served up in a number of different ways.
If I’m having it for lunch, I love it over a big bowl of salad greens and topped with some guacamole and fresh jalapeños.
For dinner I like this served up as tostadas or tacos. Crisp up my paleo paratha in the oven for the perfect grain-free replacement.
No matter how you serve this up, its straight up delish!!
Chicken Enchilada Casserole
A delicious and quick baked enchilada
- 4 cups pre-cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 235ml/8oz canned tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 4 Tbsp mild chili powder like paprika/ smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- mixed salad green
- Diced tomato
- Diced Avocado
- Chopped cilantro
- Sliced jalapeños
- Hot sauce
- Preheat your oven to 180C/375F.
- In a saucepan placed over a medium heat, stir together the tomato sauce, water, mild chili powder/paprika, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for approximately 10 minutes.
- Combine the chicken, bell pepper, red onion, and half of the green onions in a baking dish.
- Pour the enchilada sauce on top and mix everything together.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove the baking dish from oven, and sprinkle with toppings of choice.
- Serve on it’s on with lots of salad greens or use my paleo paratha recipe to make soft tacos or tostadas.