SIMPLE INGREDIENTS, BIG FLAVORS!
Looking for a delicious no-fuss recipe for dinner tonight?
Lots of warm delicious flavor in this recipe that will keep you coming back for more, so make sure you make enough!
A delicious Whole30 Prawn Curry that will soon become a favorite!
- 2 tablespoon ghee or avocado oil
- 2 cardamom pods, slightly crushed
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 10-15 curry leaves
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup, canned diced or crushed tomatoes
- 1-inch piece ginger, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp Kashmiri chili powder (or paprika)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 250 grams prawns, cleaned and de-veined
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat the ghee or oil in a pan and add in the fennel seeds, cardamom, and curry leaves. Let it sizzle and become fragrant. Be careful, they can pop!
- Add in the chopped onion and fry for 5-6 minutes until the onions are golden brown.
- Next, add in the crushed tomatoes, ginger, garlic, spice powders, and salt & pepper. Sauté for 5-6 minutes on a medium flame until the tomatoes have softened and everything is well combined.
- Add in the cleaned and deveined prawns to the mixture, give everything a good mix and cover and let cook for 4-5 minutes until the prawns are cooked and tender. Turn your stove off and garnish the prawn masala with the chopped fresh cilantro.