BECAUSE WHO DOESN’T LOVE A GOOD MARGARITA!
There is just something about a good classic margarita.
I don’t know about you but there is something about a good margarita that makes me feel like I’m on vacation. I could literally be in my living room sipping on one but immediately get those carefree vibes!
I find most margaritas too sugary, with way too much agave syrup added in. Here is how I make my killer margarita at home!
If you do enjoy a slight bit sweeter margarita, you can add a few drops of monk fruit sweetener, but personally the cointreau and orange juice is good for me.
I warn you, these babies might be lower in sugar, but they pack a punch so please drink responsibly!
Want to give your margarita a little twist?
- add a few slices of fresh jalapeños for a spicy margarita.
- Add some fresh tropical fruit like mango or pineapple or swap the orange juice to pineapple juice for a more tropical flavor.
- Add fresh spices to the mix like ginger, lemongrass, or lime leaves for a fresh take.
- Throw some strawberries in while blending for a beautiful pink and fruity version.
Looking for something to pair your Margarita with?
Try one of these delicious recipes.
Ri’s skinny margarita
My version of a skinny margarita
- 1 cup good quality white Tequila
- 1/4 cup Cointreau
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 10 drops monk fruit sweetener (optional)
- 2 tsp egg white (optional)
- Lime wedges
- Fresh Jalapeño slices
- Fruit - my favorites are mango, pineapple, strawberry
- Throw all your Margarita ingredients into a blender and give it a good whizz. The egg white is optional but give the margarita a nice froth if you like that.
- Run a lime wedge along the rim of a glass then dip it in salt, to salt the rim.
- Fill the glass with ice.
- Pour over your margarita and garnish with an additional lime wedge
- Enjoy responsibly!