Anti-Inflammatory Golden Soup
A delicious simple one-pot soup that is nourishing and full of flavor.
Preparation time: 10 MCooking time: 30 MTotal time: 40 M
- 500 grams chicken breast or thighs, cooked and shredded (omit for vegan)
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 cup chopped celery (2-3 stalks)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped sweet potato
- 1 TBSP coconut aminos
- 3 tsp turmeric powder
- 1-inch piece of ginger, grated (or ½ tsp ground ginger)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 5 cups bone broth or stock (replace with vegetable stock for vegan)
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 3 cups chopped kale or baby spinach
How to cook Anti-Inflammatory Golden Soup
- Heat your coconut oil in a large soup pot or dutch oven.
- Once heated through, add your chicken and cook through. Once cooked, remove, let cool, and shred or chop (we will add this back to the soup later). Omit the chicken for the Vegan option.
- After removing the chicken, add your onion, celery, carrots, and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the sweet potato, turmeric, coconut aminos, ginger, along with half your broth/stock. Stir and cover over medium/low heat to allow the sweet potatoes to soften, about 7-10 minutes.
- Add the remaining broth/stock and coconut milk, and stir until combined. Add your shredded chicken and season well with your salt & pepper. let simmer on low for 10-15 minutes.
- Just before serving add kale or baby spinach to the soup. It will soften and cook down quickly.
- Taste and adjust salt, garnish with fresh herbs, chili flakes, or avocado.
Storage – This soup keeps well in the refrigerator for about 4 days. It freezes and defrosts well if you want to freeze extra portions for later!