SUNDAY MORNINGS ARE ALL ABOUT PANCAKES IN OUR HOUSE
My kiddos look forward to Sundays because at our house it's pancakes for breakfast!
I've got a few pancake recipes, but this one seems to make an appearance the most for my kiddos. The ingredients are blended up so the prep takes minutes, and cooking these up is fast as well. You can easily double the recipe if needed and cleanup is simple.
I also love these because they use bananas to sweeten them. My kids usually don't have them with any syrup and love them with fresh berries, and more bananas.
To increase the nutritional value of these babies, there are tons of add-in options. collagen, flax meal, and spinach (Green pancakes!💚) are some of our favorites.
If you find it hard to digest oats, I highly recommend soaking them overnight with a little acid (lemon juice or apple cider vinegar) to help break down the phytic acid. Also, ensure the package clearly says gluten-free if you are avoiding gluten. While oats don't contain gluten, they may be packaged in a place where gluten-containing items are as well, so you have a risk of cross-contamination.
I hope you give these a try this weekend!
Would love to hear if your kiddos love them as much as mine do.
Gluten-free Blender Pancakes
Easy to prep, and your kids are sure to love them!
- 1 ripe Banana
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup coconut or Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Dash of cinnamon
- Optional booster- 1 scoop collagen
- Optional booster- 1 tbsp ground flax meal
- Optional booster - 2 cups baby spinach (GREEN pancakes!)
- Put all ingredients in a blender and whizz to make the batter.
- Use butter or coconut oil to grease your pan.
- Poor a small ladle of batter on the hot pan. Wait for little bubbles to form on top before flipping over.
- Enjoy with a side of fruit, coconut yogurt, or a drizzle of raw honey or maple syrup!