TAHINI HAS A WONDERFUL NUTTY FLAVOR AND IS DELICIOUS AS A DRESSING, DIP, SAUCE OR DRIZZLE.
This herbed tahini is just beautiful.
All the richness and creaminess of tahini with a fresh herb upgrade with the addition of parsley and mint.
Don't have herbs on hand? try my classic tahini dressing recipe.
- Looking for other sauces to serve with your mezze? Try these!
- Creamy Hummus
Yield/Servings: ~ 1/2 cup Author: Riyana Rupani Print
Herbed Tahini Dressing/Sauce
A creamy and fresh herbed dressing, perfect over roasted veggies, salad, or served with kebabs
PREPARATION TIME: 10 MIN COOKING TIME: 0 MIN TOTAL TIME: 10 MIN
- 1/4 cup hulled tahini
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 15g flat-leaf parsley
- 5g mint leaves
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 green chili (optional)
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- ice-cold water as needed to thin
- Add your herbed tahini ingredients into a food processor. Start with the herbs, garlic, and chili and blend to break down.
- Next add in your tahini, lemon juice, a bit of ice-cold water, and salt - blend.
- scrape down, check for texture and continue processing and adding ice-cold water till you get a thick but drizzly consistency.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly.
Be sure to use really cold water. This makes the sauce very light and velvety!