GHEE IS A GLORIOUS FAT SOURCE WHICH IF YOU ASK ME SHOULD BE A STAPLE IN EVERYONE'S HOME
Ghee is old school and has literally been used since the beginning of time when it comes to Indian cooking but for some, it’s a newer concept.
So what is Ghee or Clarified Butter?
It’s basically all of the best parts of butter without any of the stuff that gives our body trouble like casein and lactose
If you have a dairy sensitivity but love the flavor of butter, ghee is your new BFF!
If there was a term “super-fat", ghee would be it!
Here are some of the wonderful Nutritional benifits.
- It helps heal your digestive tract and aids with digestion.
- It nourishing and protects the brain.
- It lubricates the body.
- It is full of fat-soluble vitamins and essential minerals.
- It is great for cooking and has a very high smoke point.
- Ghee is meant to full of Ojas, which essentially means “vitality” or “life force”. Ojas can be depleted by age, stress, poor nutrition, and toxins, and ghee can help replenish it!
- Ghee is also physically, energetically, and emotionally calming and suits all three doshas (Vata, Pitta, Khapa)
- It is used in Ayurveda for both physical and emotional detoxification.
If You buy ghee, the most important factors are that is comes from grass-fed cows and is stored in a glass bottle. If it’s organic, that’s an added bonus. You can get good quality ghee at your local health food store but making it at home is easier than you think and will probably cost you half the price.
Comment below if you have any questions about the process or give making it a try! I would love to hear!