SIMPLE INGREDIENTS, BIG FLAVORS!
Looking for a delicious no-fuss recipe for dinner tonight?
Here is a delicious fish curry recipe that I absolutely love! Lots of warm delicious flavors in this recipe using spices like fennel and cardamom. Simple to put together but tastes deliciously complicated!
I love this served up alongside a small portion of white rice or scooped up with my paleo paratha if going grain-free.
A traditional Indian fish curry, bursting with flavor
- 2 tablespoon ghee or avocado oil
- 2 cardamom pods, slightly crushed
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 10-15 curry leaves
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup, canned diced or crushed tomatoes
- 1-inch piece ginger, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp Kashmiri chili powder (or paprika)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 300 grams white fish fillet. (I used barramundi)
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat the ghee or oil in a pan and add in the fennel seeds, cardamom, and curry leaves. Let it sizzle and become fragrant. Be careful, they can pop!
- Add in the chopped onion and fry for 5-6 minutes until the onions are golden brown.
- Next, add in the crushed tomatoes, ginger, garlic, spice powders, and salt & pepper. Sauté for 5-6 minutes on a medium flame until the tomatoes have softened and everything is well combined.
- Add in the fish filets and give everything a good mix and cover and let cook for 10-15 minutes until the fish is cooked and tender. Turn your stove off and garnish with the chopped fresh cilantro.