HANDS DOWN ONE OF MY FAVORITE RECIPES ON THE BLOG!
This salad is full of wonderful Thai flavors. It’s creamy, crunchy, and simply delicious!
I have had friends call this my pad-thai salad and I have to agree, it does have similar flavor notes. I personally love pad-thai but love the greens in this recipe more! You get all the favor without all the guilt! I highly recommend making this salad with hearty leaves such as Kale and cabbage. They really hold up well to the dressing.
For your protein source, you have a few options. Chicken, simply grilled prawns, or quinoa. The choice is yours, all 3 are fab. Here is the dressing I use. It works wonderfully as a dipping sauce for satays and veggies or slathered over any grilled meat!
Thai Kale Salad
A delicious Thai inspired salad that has both Vegan & Whole30 options
- 4 Tbsp Almond Butter
- 2 Tbsp Chili Sauce (I used my homemade chili sauce)
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Aminos
- 5 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Toasted Sesame Oil
- Protein - 500g grilled & Shredded chicken or approximately 20 pieces grilled prawns or 500g grilled tempeh
- 250 grams broccoli sliced and chopped
- ½ red bell pepper sliced
- 1 ½ cup shredded purple cabbage
- 3 cup shredded kale
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup chopped mint
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
- ⅓ cup chopped almonds or almond slices
- black and white sesame seeds (optional for garnish)
- Add all your dressing ingredients to a mason jar. Close tightly, and give it a good shake till everything is well combined.
- Mix all your salad ingredients along with the choice of protein, and dressing.
- Toss to coat, and garnish with sesame seeds.