A DELICIOUS AND SIMPLE WAY TO PREPARE ENOKI MUSHROOMS.
Have these as a side or a main!
These crispy enoki mushrooms are not only beautiful but delicious. I love how they look like bare trees that are so reminiscent of fall.
The mushrooms don't require a lot of prep, and have a lovely umami flavor so you don't have to go crazy with the seasoning.
I used just a few simple spices to prepare these but these would taste wonderful with so many different flavor profiles
- Indian – add garam masala, chaat masala, etc.
- Middle Eastern – za'atar, sumac, or baharat.
- Asian – Coconut aminos, Ri's garlic chili or Mala.
Enjoy these as a snack or side dish!
Crispy Baked Enoki Mushrooms
A delicious and simple way to prepare enoki mushrooms.
- 300 - 400 g Fresh enoki mushrooms
- 1 tbsp Everiday Foods garlic chili oil
- Avocado oil cooking spray
- Garlic powder
- Cayenne (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 200 C / 400 F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- cut the base off your mushrooms, separate them, and lay them on your baking sheet. Ensure you give your mushrooms space and don't crowd them.
- Drizzle with Ri's garlic chili oil (or Mala), and give a little toss.
- Alternatively, spray the mushrooms with your avocado oil spray and season with your spices to taste. - Feel free to change up the seasoning, flavor profile to whatever you like.
- Pop into the oven and bake for 20 to 30 minutes* or until crispy. Check at the 10-minute mark and give them a little toss. (I'm sure these would turn out amazing in an air fryer too). Please see notes
*Note on the cooking time - These can go from perfect to burnt really fast so depending on the amount of moisture in your mushrooms and your oven, you will want to keep a close eye on these. They could be done in as little as 12-15 minutes so checking them at the 10-minute mark is important.