MOVE OVER HUMMUS, HELLO MUHAMMARA!
Have you ever tried Muhammara? Its a slightly spicy, smokey, savory and mildly sweet dip that will have you asking for more.
I'm a big fan of grazing platters when having a few friends over and my hummus has either been accompanied by or replaced with this delicious dip.
The traditional recipe uses breadcrumbs and pomegranate molasses but my version is Whole30 compliant, and to be honest, I like it better. I think the red peppers provide just the right about of smokey sweetness!
whether you are pairing this with pita bread, my low-carb grain-free seed crackers or some simple crudites, this creamy dip is a star!
A delicious slightly spicy and smokey dip bursting with flavor
- 4 red bell peppers, roasted and skins removed
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp chili flakes (or 1 fresh red chili chopped)
- 1/2 tsp salt or more to taste
- juice of half a lemon (about 2-3 Tbsp)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse until the consistency is to your liking. I personally like it on the chunkier side so you really taste the walnuts!