SUCH A BEAUTIFUL COMBINATION
Diwali, a time to fill your house with lights, good vibes, friends, and family. And a chance to welcome all the abundance you crave for the new year.
A big part of the Diwali festivities is eating (lots and lots of eating) with a big focus on all the delicious sweets. Every year I try and “healthify” some of my favorites, and this year I was going for coconut laddus.
This one is super simple and requires minimal prep or downtime. I was going for a nut-free version and made these with sunflower seeds but these turn out wonderful with any nuts or seeds (I love cashews, almonds, pistachios, and even walnuts).
Pistachio Rose Laddu
- 3/4 cup pistachios
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut (divided)
- 20 Medjool dates (pits removed)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp rose water
- 1 tbsp regular water
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp crushed dried rose petals
- Add pistachio and cashews to a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Remove 1/4 cup of the mixture and save for rolling later.
- Next add in your dates, 1/4 cup of the shredded coconut, all of the coconut oil, rose water, water, cardamom powder, and vanilla.
- Process until all the ingredients come together.
- Line a tray with parchment paper. Use a cookie scoop or spoon to portion out and roll into approximately 1 inch balls.
- Coat each ball by rolling them in the remaining pistachio, cashew, coconut, and crushed dried roses
- Place them on your baking tray. Refrigerate for 1 hour to set.
you can change up the nuts as you like. If you like sesame, try replacing the coconut oil with tahini for an extra special laddu!