SIMPLE, DELICIOUS, AND PRETTY
I love easy no-bake desserts.
These homemade almond joys are super simple to put together and both kids and adults will love them.
I used a tablespoon to make the cute egg shape, but you can pat the mixture into a lined cake mold, and cut it into rectangles as well post refrigerating.
For the chocolate – If you don't have access to good quality dark chocolate chips, you can swap it with a broken-up good quality chocolate bar. I personally like Lindt 72%.
Almond Joy Easter Eggs
Home made coconut and almond eggs, perfect for Easter!
- 1.5 cups desecrated coconut
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 tsp almond or vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Raw almonds
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips + 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted.
- Using a food processor, combine all ingredients except the almonds and melted chocolate.
- Use a spoon to form little eggs and gently press 1 almond into each.
- Set on a lined tray and pop your eggs into the fridge for 1 to 2 hours to set.
- Once set, use two forks to gently dunk and coat your eggs in the melted chocolate.
- Add any toppings (my kids always choose sprinkles!) and pop them back in the fridge for 1 hour.