ADD THIS TO YOUR LUNCH ROTATION!
Looking for a delicious no-fuss vegetarian recipe for lunch?
Here is my simple yet oh-so-delicious chickpea curry salad recipe. I like to make a big batch of this so I can have a fuss-free lunch more than once during the week.
This salad is super versatile and I like it served up a number of different ways.
- Wrapped up in one of my Paleo Parathas
- Dished on top of 1/2 a baked sweet potato
- Added to a plate of mixed greens or stirred through with kale which holds up really well if you need a lunch to take with you to the office!
No matter how you decide to serve this up, I am sure you are gonna love the flavors in this dish.
Want a vegetarian version? No problem! (You know I got you, my veggie friends!) Sub the chicken for chickpeas for an equally delicious and plant-based salad!
You've got the warm spices of the curry powder, the crunch of the walnuts, a bit of tang from the mustard, creaminess from the mayo, and sweetness from the raisins.
Not sure how else to use your curry powder? Try my Curried Cauliflower Soup.
Chickpea Curry Salad
A delicious simple vegetarian lunch recipe
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 small or 1 large celery stalk, diced
- ½ red onion, finely diced (can sub for chopped scallions)
- ¼ cup, chopped fresh coriander
- 3 Tbsp golden raisins (can sub cranberries, black raisins, chopped dates)
- 2 tbsp, chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp curry powder
- pinch cayenne (optional)
- 4 tbsp good-quality mayonnaise (for vegans & Plant-based Whole30, I recommend primal kitchen's vegan mayo)
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- salt & pepper to taste
- Add in any other chopped veggies you like (i.e. bell pepper, cucumber, cherry tomato, carrots, etc.)
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Done!
- Goes wonderfully over mixed greens, 1/2 a sweet potato, wrapped up in a paleo paratha or in a lettuce/cabbage cups