A DELICIOUS AND FIERY TAKE ON A TRADITIONAL FRIED EGG.
This viral chili oil fried egg is everything it’s cracked up to be (pun intended), and more!
I don’t know how I missed this viral trend or why I didn’t try it sooner but I guess better late than never!
These WERE SOOO GOOD! Next time, I definitely plan to double the recipe because one just wasn't enough!
I used Foods by Ri's Mala chili oil to keep my eggs not only fiery and delicious but also healthy. Foods by Ri unlike other chili oil/crisps use extra virgin olive oil. Most other brands use inflammatory oils like canola or soybean oil!
Here’s how to make it.
Crispy Chili Oil Fried Egg
a delicious and fiery take on a traditional fried egg
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Add the chili oil and spread in a thin layer.
- Crack the egg in the pan, season with salt, and cover for 2 min.
- While the eggs are cooking, cut up your spring onion.
- Remove the cover from your eggs, and add the chopped scallion on top of the eggs. Cook for another 1 min or until the eggs are cooked to your liking. - option to add a sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds at this point.
- Serve over rice, or your fav GF toast.