THESE COOKIES ARE DEVINE! RICH, CHEWEY, AND BEAUTIFUL.
I have a little obsession with tahini… but do you blame me?
It's rich, nutty, earthy, and creamy. I am sure dessert isn't the first thing you think of when you think tahini, but sesame (tahini is sesame paste) is used in many parts of the world as a base for dessert.
I recently took a trip to Dubai and when I came back I was craving this wonderful halva I had there. It was jam-packed with pistachios and had a beautiful hint of rose to it. The thought of it literally made me drool! So I came up with these decadent cookies. They have pistachio, cranberries, and that slight beautiful touch of rose.
Flourless Tahini Cookies with Cranberries & Pistachio
A delicious exotic cookie that will have you coming back for more
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together coconut sugar and egg until smooth.
- Next, stir in rose extract, salt, & tahini and mix very well until a smooth sticky ball forms.
- Gently fold in your pistachios and cranberries.
- Cover and freeze the cookie batter for 15 minutes (put the timer on, you don't want it to get too hard!).
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- After your 15 minutes, remove the cookie batter from the freezer.
- Using rounded tablespoons of dough, place dough balls on your cookie sheet leaving at least 1" of space between them (the cookies will expand while baking).
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until edges start to brown.
- Garnish with dried edible rose petals and chopped pistachios
- Let cool completely before serving (they are quite delicate when warm).
A lovely substitute if you don't have rose petals is 1/2 tsp cardamom powder