PERFECT FOR A NUT-FREE SCHOOL SNACK!
A delicious, gluten-free, nut and refined sugar-free chocolate chip cookie recipe.
Many schools have a nut-free policy and I’ve gotten lots of requests for grain-free cookies that are also nut-free… THIS IS IT!
These cookies are versatile and you can play with the texture. Grinding the sunflower seeds to a fine flour or leaving them a bit chunky. I personally like them with a little bite so I don’t grind them completely. You can also sub chocolate chips with other add-ins. raisins, cranberries, or other dried fruit work well!
If you are looking for other cookies, try any of these!
- Favorite Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies.
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Flourless Tahini Cookie
- Walnut Snowballs
- Perfect Grain-free Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Hope you love these as much my family does!
Nut-free & Grain-free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Nut-free & grain-free paleo chocolate chip cookies perfect for school or you!
- Preheat your oven to 180C / 350F
- In a food processor or blender, grind the sunflower seeds as fine as you want them. These cookies can be chunky or as smooth as you like.
- Combine your wet ingredients with coconut sugar and mix.
- Add in your dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in your chocolate chips.
- Make about 12-20 balls (depending on the size) and flatten gently on a baking sheet. Bake for 9-10 minutes.
- Let cool completely and sprinkle with flakey sea salt (optional)
To make a flax-egg, combine 1 Tbsp ground flax seeds with 3 Tbsp cold water. Allow to rest for 5 to 10 minutes or until the mixture becomes thick.