THESE BROWNIES ARE FUDGEY PERFECTION!
If you didn’t know, you wouldn’t know these brownies are both vegan AND grain-free!
These brownies are a crowd pleaser to say the least. Whether you are following a Paleo, gluten-free, or vegan style of eating, these work for you! If you are a person who simply loves brownies (like my kids) these also work for you!
For me, I sometimes crave desserts that remind me of my childhood, just with better ingredients of course. These vegan grain-free brownies, totally hit the spot! They are rich, fudgey, perfection.
I hope you love them as much as my family does!
If you want to make these lower in carb I suggest swapping out the sweeteners for lakanto ones. They work perfectly!
Vegan Fudgy Dark Chocolate Brownies
chewy dark chocolate egg and dairy-free brownies
- 1/4 cup unsalted creamy almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flax seeds + 6 tbsp cold water whisked together and allowed to rest for 10-15m)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 50g chopped dark chocolate or chocolate chips (I used 1/2 a bar of lindt 78%)
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Flaked sea salt (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 160℃/325℉ and line an 8in / 20cm square baking pan
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup, and coconut oil until well combined.
- Add 1/2 the cacao powder and mix to combine. Then add the next half and mix to combine.
- Next, add the vanilla extract, flax eggs, salt, and baking soda. Mix till well incorporated.
- Next up, add the almond flour and combine everything well with a spatula.
- Fold in your chopped chocolate and walnuts.
- Pour the batter into your pan and smooth it with your spatula.
- Bake for ~30 minutes. Your time may go up or down a little depending on your oven so check at the 25 minute mark.
- Let the brownies cool completely then cut into 16 cubes
- Sprinkle with flaked sea salt and enjoy.