THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES!
Even if you aren't avoiding grains, I promise these cookies will not disappoint!
These cookies are chewy, chocolatey perfection. They are firm but soft, have the perfect satisfying bite, and are just downright delicious!
Using the combination of nut butter with almond and coconut flour is what gives these cookies a great texture. Feel free to play around with whatever nut butter you like or have on hand. I've used almond, peanut, and tahini and loved all 3 versions!
The most amazing thing about these cookies, they won't spike your blood sugar! I tried these multiple times while using a CGM and not once did my glucose spike.
If you are looking for other cookies, try any of these!
- Favorite Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies.
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Flourless Tahini Cookie
- Walnut Snowballs
Hope you love these as much my family does!
Grain-free Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Perfectly chocolaty and chewy grain-free cookies
- 1 cup fine almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp softened butter or ghee
- 6 tbsp coconut sugar or Lakanto for low-carb
- 5 Tbsp natural almond butter or any nut butter
- 1 large egg at room temperature or chia egg*
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- chopped almonds (optional)
- sea salt for sprinkling on top (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 175 C/350 F and line a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl combine the wet ingredients.
- Stir in the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Add your chocolate chips and chopped nuts (if using) and mix well. (optional but helps with forming of the cookies - Place the bowl in the refrigerator for about 1 hour or until the dough is firm).
- Roll the dough into balls and flatten with the palm of your hand onto your baking sheet.
- Top your cookies with any chocolate chips left in the bowl that didn't get incorporated into the dough.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the surface of the center of the cookies no longer appears wet.
- Sprinkle with flaked sea salt and let the cookies cool completely. They will firm up while cooling.
To make a chia egg, mix together 1 tablespoon of ground chia seeds and 2.5 tablespoons of water. Let sit 5-15 minutes or until goopy like an egg.