THE PERFECT SUMMER SALAD
All the flavors and freshness of summer come together in this easy salad!
I threw together this salad last weekend when going to a friends house and it was soo good!
This salad is elegant, pretty, and most important, easy to put together!
The combination of fresh sweet blueberries with creamy goat cheese works together so well.
Fresh into and scallions add herby freshness, and the cucumbers are the perfect crunch!
I used almonds in the recipe but this would work with any nut. If you want to make this nut-free, use sunflower or pumpkin seeds.
If you want to make the salad low carb, you can skip the sugar coating on the nuts and go natural, and for the salad, either omit the dressing or use a 0 sugar alternative like Zest zero honey.
No matter how you tweak this salad, I promise it's a summercrowd pleaser!
Blueberry & Goat Cheese Salad
A delicious salad that has all the summer vibes!
- 1/2 cup sliced or chopped almonds (can replace with pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds for nut-free)
- 1.5 Tbsp Coconut Sugar (Omit for low-carb)
- 8 cups mixed greens, I used baby spinach and a mesclun mix
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 persian style small cucumbers, halved and sliced (I also scooped out the seeds, this is optional)
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 100g / 3.5 oz goat cheese
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey (omit or use zero sugar replacement for low-carb)
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Place the almonds in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Stir in the sugar and cook, stirring often, until the sugar melts and coats the almonds - This can happen pretty fast so watch carefully. Transfer the almonds onto baking paper and let them cool.
- In a large bowl, toss the greens with salt and pepper. Add your herbs, cucumber, and blueberries, crumble in the goat cheese, and add the almonds. Make sure to break up the almonds if they have clumped together.
- Whisk together the vinegar, garlic, mustard, honey and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stream in the olive oil while whisking until emulsified. You can also throw all your ingredients into a hand blender to speed things up.
- Dress your salad, toss, and serve!