THE PERFECT FUSS FREE BREAKFAST FOR SCHOOL DAYS!
When your kids need to wake up early and make it to school, breakfast can be a pain… These muffins will save the day!
Sweetened with banana and a bit of maple syrup, these muffins are versatile and perfect for a quick breakfast or school snack. They are also wonderful for traveling!
You can get creative with the filling and play around with the texture. If you like a chunky muffin, I suggest not blending the oats at all.
If you are looking to add extra protein to these muffins, I have added a scoop of unflavored pea protein as well.
Hope your kids enjoy these as much as I do, and I hope it makes your school mornings a little easier!
Gluten-Free Breakfast Muffins
A quick and hearty breakfast on-the-go!
- 2 cups Whole Rolled Oats
- 1 cup almond flour*
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 scoop unflavored pea protein (optional)
- 1 ¼ cups plant-based milk
- 2 large eggs or flax eggs**
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 1 ripe banana
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup chopped nuts (optional)
- ½ cup of your favorite chopped fruit or chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 175℃ / 350℉
- blend your oats in a food processor or blender to break them down. You can keep grind them less for for more texture or more for a finer texture.
- Spray your muffin baking tin with coconut oil or line with silicon/parchment liners.
- In a large bowl, add all dry ingredients and whisk well.
- In a medium bowl, add all wet ingredients and whisk.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Add chopped fruit or chocolate chips and nuts.
- Stir gently to combine until just mixed. (Don't over-mix the batter).
- Bake for 20 minutes
* For a nut-free option, you can replace the almond flour with 1/2 cup coconut flour or 1 cup sunflower seed flour
** To make a flax-egg combine 1 tbsp flax meal with 3 tbsp cold water. Allow the mixture to sit for 5 minutes to thicken.