THIS SALMON BURGER WILL BE YOUR NEW FAVORITE WAY TO EAT SALMON!
My kids inspired this recipe.
My kids like most, love their burgers. Salmon though? Not so much! I try to get salmon in their diet at least once a week. It's full of beneficial fats for growing brains and of course a wonderful source of protein.
These burgers are a meal the whole family can enjoy. The spices I have used are Indian inspired but I'm dying to try other versions – dill, mustard, thai curry are just a few that I think would work beautifully.
The recipe makes 4 large patties but you can easily make smaller patties and serve them as appetizers or cutlets. Feel free to make a big batch and freeze these as well!
Masala Salmon Burger
Salmon Burger with an Indian kick
- 250-300 g salmon filet (about 2 filets), skin removed and cut into large chunks
- 1 small red onion chopped
- a small handful of fresh cilantro (stems and leaves), chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1 egg
- 5 tbsp almond flour
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend till everything is well combined. This happens pretty fast. Took less than a minute for me.
- make 4 patties and place them on a tray or plate. Cover and put them in the fridge for at least 1 hour to set.
- Heat a pan on medium heat and lightly oil. Once hot, add your salmon patties. Allow the patties to cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve with Avocado chutney and your favorite toppings.