A FRUITY TWIST TO YOUR NEXT MEXICAN MEAL
Bored of your traditional Salsa?
Try this fruity spin for a change.
I love this twist to a classic pico do gallo. Simply adding some fresh fruit can brighten a heavy meal beautifully.
What do I use this salsa on?
- Topped on grilled fish – simply season with taco seasoning and grill or pan-fry for an easy meal.
- With shrimp tacos
- Served with corn tortilla chips and a crisp margarita
- with enchiladas
No matter how you dish this up, it’s delicious and has that wonderful combination of sweet, savoury, and spicy!
Don’t have mangos?
I love using pineapples too!
Why I add avocado.
I always say to combine your fruit with a protein or fat to slowdown the blood sugar hit the fruit can give you, and the avocado works perfectly here to offset the very sweet mango or pineapple!
A delicious sweet twist to your traditional salsa
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 small tomato, seeds removed, and diced
- 1/2 a onion, Finley diced or you can use spring onion
- 1/2 jalapeño chile, minced (less or more to taste)
- 3 Tbsp fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1.5 -2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (taste and adjust)
- salt to taste
- Chop, mix, and serve!