THESE SWEET POTATO FRIES ARE CRISPY AND DELICIOUS WITH THE PERFECT INDIAN MASALA KICK!
I love sweet potato in all forms but my favorite has to be sweet potato fries!
They go great as a side for so many different meals and are delicious as a snack. I love these served up with a variety of dips like chutney, tahini, raita, and my chili sauces
These sweet potato fries are taken up a notch – seasoned with chaat masala, an Indian seasoning that combines spices like pepper, cumin, chili, and dried mango powder. The blend creates a hot and sour flavor that will keep you reaching for more!
I love these fries paired with
Masala Sweet Potato Fries
sweet potato fries Indian style
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil or avocado oil
- sea salt to taste
- 1 tsp chat masala
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne (optional)
- 5 tsp arrowroot or tapioca flour
- 1 tsp dried mint
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Wash and clean the sweet potato.
- Cut the potatoes into 1/2" thick chips. Cut the potatoes as evenly as you can (making sure they're similar thickness)
- Submerge them in water for 15-30 mins (this is for extra crunchy fries, you can skip this step if pressed for time)
- Pre-heat the oven to 215C/420f degrees.
- Dry the potatoes well with a paper towel and add them into a large bowl along with oil, and seasoning.
- Give it a good mix (hands work best)
- Add to a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 35 to40 mins, turning them over halfway through.
- Serve hot. with raita, chutney, or sauce of choice.