PERFECT MEXICAN INSPIRED SHRIMP.
A simple and flavorful dish to serve up at your next Mexican-inspired dinner.
These shrimp take minutes to make and are full of fresh flavors and a little spice.
This is perfect served up as an appetizer or used in a shrimp taco!
Pro Tip: When using the zest of citrus fruits, try and use organic. If you can't get organic, ensure to soak your fruit in water + vinegar to remove impurities and possible wax used to make the fruit look shiny.
Wondering what to serve these up with??
Try some of these other fav Mexican recipes
Cilantro Lime Shrimp
A delicious Mexican inspired appetizer
- 400 g/1 lb Large shrimp, cleaned. Option to leave the tail on or off
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced (~2 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp Ghee or unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup chopped Cilantro, stems, and leaves. Reserve some for garnish
- 2 Scallions, chopped. Reserve some for garnish
- 1 Jalapeño, deseeded and chopped
- Juice and zest of 1 lime (~2 tbsp lime juice)
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Heat up a pan, add the olive oil, garlic, and lightly saute before adding the shrimp.
- Stir and cook until the shrimp is half cooked.
- Add the ghee or butter, cilantro, scallions, and chopped jalapeño. Stir to combine with the shrimp.
- Add the lime juice and zest, and continue to cook the shrimp.
- Turn off the heat and serve immediately.
- Garnish with lime wedges, cilantro, and scallions.
When using the zest of a fruit, try and use organic. If you can't get organic, ensure to soak your fruit in water + vinegar to remove impurities and possible wax used to make the fruit look shiny.