WHEN A FRIDGE FORAGE PRODUCES DELICIOUS RESULTS!
A salad doesn't need to be complicated to be good, and this one is a perfect example!
I was literally foraging through my fridge to use up leftover bits and bobs. I found Kale and Scallions in my salad drawer, had some parmesan that was grated and kept in the freezer, and I ALWAYS have tahini and some homemade everything but the bagel seasoning on hand.
I loved the way this salad turned out. It was light, creamy, and easy to pair with a simple protein for a complete meal.
It also stores really well so leftovers are perfect for lunch the next day.
I used my simple tahini dressing and parmesan cheese for a creamy umami punch but if you are vegan, have a dairy sensitivity, or are doing a special diet like the Whole30, Plant-based Whole30, or a Clean-in-15, you can replace the cheese with nutritional yeast for that wonderful umami flavor.
Kale Tahini Salad with Parmesan & Everything But The Bagel Seasoning
When simple ingredients come together to make big flavors
- 100g de-stemmed and chopped kale (any variety)
- Simple tahini dressing
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated, or 3 tbsp nutritional yeast (for vegan, Clean-in-15, & Whole30 option)
- 2 scallions, washed and chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, or slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tbsp store-bought or DIY everything but the bagel seasoning
- A squeeze of fresh lemon juice (optional)
- Make your tahini dressing and pour over the kale. Use your hands to massage the kale with the dressing for about two to three minutes.
- Season with salt & pepper. (careful with the salt as the parmesan cheese and EBTB seasoning also adds to the saltiness)
- mix in your parmesan cheese.
- Top with chopped scallions, EBTB seasoning, and toasted pine nuts or almond slivers.
- Give everything a good toss before serving.
Make it a meal by adding a protein source:
- Grilled Chicken
- Grilled Prawns
- Boiled eggs
- Air-fried tempeh