WHETHER YOU ARE VEGAN OR NOT, YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE THIS SALAD
This salad is a flavor bomb!
Crunchy roasted chickpeas, addictive savory sweet coconut bacon, all creamy avocado, all topped on a beautiful bowl of kale and tossed with the most delicious vegan caesar dressing ever.
You are going to love it!
Kale is my go-to for many of my salad bases. Why? Because it's nutrient-dense but also because it holds well! I'm all about making big portions when I cook and enjoying leftovers. Kale doesn't go wilted or limp easily, so I personally love it! Check out these other kale-based recipes.
Vegan Kale Caesar Salad
A delicious plant-based version of the classic Caesar
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked in hot water for at least 1 hour (or sub with 1/4 cup cashew butter
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1/4 a lemon, juiced (about 1.5 tbsp)
- 1 large clove of garlic minced finely (or 1/2 tsp garlic powder)
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1/4 cup water (or more as needed to thin the dressing)
- salt & pepper to taste
- chili flakes to taste (optional)
- 1 cups large flake unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 Tbsp avocado oilr another neutral oil)
- 1Tbsp coconut aminos
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 Tbsp maple syrup (omit for Cin15 & PB Whole30)
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- About 6 cups kale chopped
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 to 3 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- salt to taste
- 1 avocado chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200C/4000F & Soak your cashews. Place the chickpeas on a baking pan, drizzle with about 1 Tbsp oil, and sprinkle with salt, cumin, and garlic powder, and give everything a good mix. Bake for 30 minutes total. At the 15 min mark, give the chickpeas a little toss and continue baking.
- For the coconut bacon, mix all the ingredients and place on a lined baking tray. spread the coconut flakes out so they aren’t touching. When you have 5-6 minutes left of baking for the chickpeas, add the coconut bacon to the oven. These only need a few minutes to cook up.
- While the chickpeas & coconut bacon are cooking, prepare your kale. Chop kale into thin ribbons and place in a large bowl. massaging with about 1.5 Tbsp olive oil and salt for about 2 minutes.
- For the dressing - combine all ingredients in a high-speed blender. Add water as needed to thin.
- Once the chickpeas and bacon are cooked, mix all your salad components together and serve. Saving some coconut bacon for garnish.