A SIMPLE PREPARATION WITH BIG FLAVOR
A simple side of veggies is a must with my meals!
These lemony green beans make me all kinda happy.
These lovely greens are based on Miznon’s “bag of beans" that I absolutely love!
I often find the simplest preparation can be the most pleasing to the pallet and this is proof of it.
Perfect paired with a simple za'atar crusted salmon
Lemon & Garlic Green Beans
Based off of the famous "beans in a bag" from Miznon
- 500g green bean (optional to trim)
- juice and zest of half a lemon
- 1 small clove of garlic, finely grated
- 1 tbsp of good olive oil
- a good sprinkle of sea salt
- 2 tbsp dukkah (optional)
- pinch of chili flakes (optional)
- Add salt and bring a pot of water (large enough to hold your beans) to a boil
- Add beans and blanch for about 6 to 8 minutes. They should be crisp but soft enough to bite and should keep their color.
- Transfer your beans to an ice bath to stop the cooking process. When completely cold, drain with a strainer.
- Put beans in a bowl big enough to mix. Add minced garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, and olive oil, mix well, season to taste with sea salt
- Plate your beans and top with dukkah and chili flakes if using.